YCS values our supporters and volunteers as true partners, and we offer many ways to get involved. You can help YCS keep children safe and families together in times of crisis — and beyond.
Our Purpose – Since 1918, YCS has brought life-changing success to New Jersey’s most vulnerable children. Today, YCS is one of New Jersey’s leading non-profit provider of comprehensive behavioral health and mental health services for children with special needs — helping thousands of young people build healthier, happier, more hopeful lives.
In 2010, YCS expanded its Sawtelle Services for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and co-ocurring mental health challenges. Since the opening of our first Sawtelle Home in Camden in 2010 for 4 boys affected by autism, YCS Sawtelle has opened more than 20 homes for approximately 100 individuals 5 through adulthood.
Our Mission – To partner with at-risk and special needs children, youth and young adults to build happier, healthier, more hopeful lives within their families and communities.
- We provide in-home, residential, educatonal, and community-based services for approximately 6,000 children/young adults and their families each day
- We serve children from birth through adulthood
- We serve a racially and ethnically diverse population, largely from urban, lower income areas across New Jersey
YCS maintains approximately 65 programs throughout New Jersey:
- Residential care for over 520 children with mental health challenges
- Residential care for over 100 children and adults with I/DD/MI
- A special education school and autism learning center
- Specialized foster care services
- Counseling, case management and family preservation services to approximately 500 families in the community